We offer excellent training on all aspects of communication and social skills and many of our courses are written specifically for you and your audience. Our most common courses are:
- Social skills – assessing and teaching social skills, self-esteem and friendship skills (This can be a one, two or three day course)
- Total Communication – setting up and developing skills using a total communication environment Makaton – from Beginners to Advanced courses (run by a regional Makaton Tutor)
- Communication Coordinators – developing skills in staff to enable them to cascade information to their staff teams
- FACES – an award winning course that develops staff skills in empowering people by improving: friendships, assertiveness, choices, empowerment and social skills
- Communication and Autism – what are the difficulties and how can we help?
- Interactive story telling – strategies to engage with people with disabilities to help them develop communication by telling stories in an interactive way
- Eating and drinking awareness – a course to help you recognise the risks around swallowing and eating problems
We also offer our Centre of Excellence approach to schools wishing to embrace the social skills programme and integrate it onto their timetable. This package runs over an academic school year and includes an inset day training for the whole staff, three visits (one per term) from a member of the Alex Kelly Ltd team to help set up groups and advise one issues, support assessment and reassessment of students to show progress and complete a report at the end of the year detailing the programme and analysis of all the data collected and progress seen.
If you would like to find out more you can download an initial enquiry form here