Alex Kelly and her team are able to offer different kinds of social skills training. Most courses are designed to suit your needs and your client group but we have outlined below a few examples of some of the courses Alex is able to offer you:
1. INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL SKILLS (1 day)
Alex offers practical 1 day courses on social skills which are popular as inset days for schools or introduction days for parents or professionals.
2. DEVELOPING SOCIAL SKILLS (2 days)
Alex runs a popular 2 day course on developing social skills. She covers how to assess social skills and plan where to start; different strategies for intervention including running groups and writing stories; and evaluating effectiveness.
3. DEVELOPING SOCIAL SKILLS, SELF ESTEEM & FRIENDSHIP SKILLS (3 days)
Alex runs a 3 day course on developing social skills, self-esteem and friendship skills. The course includes all of the content from the 2 day course but also includes sections on developing self-esteem and friendship skills and a section on using data to measure the effectiveness of your work.
4. ADVANCED SOCIAL SKILLS (1 or 2 days)
Alex offers additional training to people who have attended her 2 day course. This includes: embedding social skills into your setting; using your data to analyze effectiveness; and extending your knowledge of intervention strategies and the rules of social communication.
5. CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE APPROACH (4—5 days in total) Alex can help you to become a centre of excellence in developing social skills by providing you with on-site training and support over 12 months. To date, Alex has supported 9 schools across the UK to become centres of excellence. Please click here for more information.
6. BODY LANGUAGE – mastering the art of nonverbal communication Alex has recently started running a 1 day course on the art of body language. This is a fascinating subject and will have a huge impact of your ability to interact successfully with others and will help you to teach social skills effectively.
7. WORKSHOPS & LECTURES Alex is also available to run shorter sessions on any of the above topics.