We have been working very closely with Afasic since 2011. Afasic is a charity that supports parents of children with communication difficultiesand Afasic Cymru is the Welsh division. Between 2011 and 2014, Afasic Cymru applied for and received funding from the Big Lottery for a project to improve social skills in secondary age pupils across Wales and to reduce social isolation. Over 200 schools received training by Alex Kelly and over 500 pupils took part in this amazing project and improvements were assessed using the Talkabout Assessment tool (Kelly 2010).
The project was such a huge success that they are currently extending this training into primary schools across Wales. So far we have reached 400 schools! Well done Wales!
- Developing self-esteem and relationships – 1 day course (13 November 2020)
- Assessing and teaching social skills – 3 day course (10-12 November 2020)
- Developing self-esteem and relationships – 1 day course (20 May 2020)
- Assessing and teaching social skills – 3 day course (29 April – 1 May 2020)
- Staff away day in September