I have always loved my work and would probably sum up my passion for social skills with the fact that I believe that we all want the same thing for our children when they leave school:
- We want them to feel happy with who they are.
- We want them to have a few good friends or know how to make friends.
- We want them to be able to go out and succeed at something or get a job.
These 3 things will have an impact on that child’s happiness and quality of life and so I believe that all children should be helped to develop a healthy self-esteem and good social skills.
I worked initially in the NHS – spending 10 years working in London and then 13 years in Hampshire, in the south of England, where I became the Trust Lead for adults with mental health difficulties and learning disabilities. I left the NHS in 2009 to set up my own business and I have been working independently ever since.
I set up Alex Kelly Ltd first and then set up Speaking Space Ltd in 2011 to provide a day service for adults with autism and/or learning disabilities and also a speech and language therapy service to local schools. You can find more about this at www.speakingspace.co.uk
I now have returned to focusing on Alex Kelly Ltd and provide training and consultancy work on developing social skills, self-esteem and relationship skills.
- Training courses by Alex Kelly Ltd New Dates for 2023
- Alex’s Talkabout Tips… No 10 – The theory that underpins developing social skills…
- A New Year, a new start… … to developing social skills
- Alex’s Blog No 8… A Right to Reply
- Alex’s Talkabout Tips… No 7 – Body Language 3…
- Alex’s Talkabout Tips… No 6 – Body Language 2…
- Alex’s Talkabout Tips… No5 – The importance of body language and how to read it…