Self-awareness and self-esteem are essential prerequisites to developing social skills, so this book is an excellent first step to any social skills programme. It is ideal for primary school aged children or older children with special needs.
The book includes:
• Over 40 activities to develop self-awareness and self-esteem
• A CD Rom with colour versions of the activities to print out and use
• A year’s teaching plan to help teachers incorporate groupwork into the school curriculum
• A short introduction to working with children with low self-esteem and social skills difficulties
• A short assessment of self-awareness and self-esteem
• 25 excellent group cohesion activities to use with groups
• Forms and evaluation sheets to help with the smooth running of groups.
Includes a free CD Rom
A4 wire-o-bound book of 280 pages