Who do we work with?
We specialise in seeing both children and adults with the following:
- A learning disability with communication or social skills difficulties
- Autism with associated communication or social skills difficulties
- A speech and language delay or disorder
- Social skills difficulties or low self esteem
We all have different areas of interest and skill, so we always try to give you the best speech therapist for your needs.
What can we provide?
- An assessment of speech and language
- A social skills assessment
- On-going therapy or advice
- Training others to implement an SLT programme
We do NOT provide
- Assessment or advice on swallowing difficulties
- Assessment for tribunals.
Where and when will we see you?
We can see you at Speaking Space or at home. We are open Monday to Friday 8.30 – 4.30.
Do we run groups?
We do sometimes run holiday groups but this does rely on having a group of children / adults with similar needs. If you are interested in group work, please let us know and we can add the person’s details to our database.
How much does consultancy work cost?
Our rate is £70 per hour and travelling is charged at 60p per mile. An initial assessment can take between 2 and 5 hours depending on the complexity of the assessment and if you want a report. This will be charged at the hourly rate of £70 per hour. For regular 30 minute appointments we charge £50 per session, and £60 per session for 45 minutes. You will be charged the hourly rate of £70 per hour for report writing and any necessary administration. During the initial session a package of care will be agreed with you. You will be invoiced monthly for the sessions and payment will be due within 30 days of the invoice.
- Developing self-esteem and relationships – 1 day course (13 November 2020)
- Assessing and teaching social skills – 3 day course (10-12 November 2020)
- Developing self-esteem and relationships – 1 day course (20 May 2020)
- Assessing and teaching social skills – 3 day course (29 April – 1 May 2020)
- Staff away day in September