Talkabout: Train the Trainer (5-7 December 2017)
We are very excited to announce the introduction of LOCAL TALKABOUT TRAINERS!
We would like to invite a small number of people across the UK to attend this one-off training to become one of 12 Talkabout Trainers.
What is a Local TALKABOUT TRAINER?
- You will be one of a small group of Talkabout experts, supervised by Alex Kelly
- You will be able to deliver 1 day Talkabout training within your local area
- You may be asked to contribute to research or local social skills work to increase the evidence into this field of work
- You may be offered referrals for individuals for social skills work in your area
- You may like to become a re-seller of Talkabout products
- You may be asked to co-facilitate Talkabout training with Alex
How can I become a TALKABOUT TRAINER?
- You will need to have attended a 3 day course within the last 3 years
- You will need to have a current active role in delivering Talkabout interventions
- On application for the course, you will be required to demonstrate a good knowledge of Talkabout and be able to show evidence of your work. You will also be asked to provide evidence of your ability to train others
- You will attend the 3 day Talkabout Trainer course in Hampshire in December 2017
- You will then be asked to maintain your Talkabout Trainer status through regular off-site supervision with Alex and attendance at a refresher course every 2 years
The 3 day TALKABOUT TRAINER Course
Anyone is able to apply for this course if they meet the pre-course criteria but only 12 will be selected to attend. This course is an assessed course. You will be required to show knowledge of the Talkabout Programme and an ability to train others to pass.
Dates: 5-7 December 2017
Venue: Speaking Space, Fleming House, Alma Road, Romsey, Hants SO51 8ED
Cost: £900+ vat*
*residential option available at £95 / night